Proactive Security Measures in Light of Cyber-War
Inside the digital arm race, everyone wants to degrade othersby doing technical loss to others. Economy of most of the developed and developing countries depends on the IT sector (Information Security) and Cyber-War can cause the huge damage to the nation’s economy.Organisations, companies, and govt. agencies, etc. must consider cyber security measures in light of this imminent effect which are as follows:
- Backups Frequency: Increase the frequency of the backups of important data/information kept on the system as well as cloud.
- Create multiple copies of Backups.
- Multifactor Authentication: Implement multifactor authentications like passwords, OTPs, Biometrics etc. for secure login to server/financial accounts.
- Password change frequency: Increase the frequency of password changes.
- Increase organizational Vigilance: Ensure your security personnel are monitoring key internal security capabilities and that they know how to identify anomalous behaviour.
- Upgrade cyber security system at its best.
- Incidence Response Plan: Create incident response plan: Ensure your employees are familiar with the key steps they need to take during an incident.
- Maintain Business Continuity: Check whether you would be able to perform the certain business specific task without access of some particular systems. Prepare alternative.
- Vulnerability Scanning: Scan your network as well as system for vulnerabilities. Fix if you find any.